ECA January Regular Membership Meeting - January 26, 2023
Program was held in conjunction with the Electric Association (EA) Conference & Trade Show.
The Electrical Contractors' Association of City of Chicago (ECA) January Membership Meeting was held on Thursday, January 26, 2023 at the Drury Lane Conference Center in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. This luncheon event was in conjunction with the Electric Association's Annual Conference & Trade Show.
Highlights of the Membership meeting include the following:
- Acknowledgment of the new ECA Officers:
-- Bob Fimbianti, ECA President, Linear Electric, Inc.,
-- Katie Canino, ECA Vice President and Treasurer, Canino Electric Company, and
-- Mark Thomas, ECA Executive Vice President and Secretary.
- Rick Jameson, Jamerson & Bauwens Electrical Contractors, Inc. - four years as ECA President and his new appointment as NECA Governor.
- Acknowledgment of Eric Nixon, Maron Electric Company for his years of service as previous NECA Governor.
- ECA Executive Committee's three new members: Mallory Gurtz, Gurtz Electric Company, Thomas Pedergnana, Malko Communication Services, LLC, and Bill Cullen, III, Sharlen Electric Company and acknowledgment of the full ECA Executive Committee.
- A number of industry updates, ECA educational programming efforts, DEI sessions continuing, Powering Chicago activities, among other areas.
Also, Jared Christman, ELECTRI Director of Construction Technology was the guest presenter. He discussed, "Bridging the Gap Using Your Digital Toolbelt." Highlights of his presentation included points of discussion concerning the following:
- Evolution of physical tools / Digital tools
- Smart Building aspects - Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Smart City Development - ie., public transportation enhancement
- Pre-Fab activities
- Digital Tools (Use)
- Communication is Key (Consistency)
-Internal Weekly Meetings
-Site Visit from Office
- Cloud Storage
- QR Codes
- Digital Tools vs. Standard Tools
-Reduce Work Costs - ie., jobsite photos - 360 degrees
- Success = Right combination of people, process and technology
- Drone scanning
- Project Life Cycle
- Technology Audit
- Technology Matrix
- CHAT GPT demo
Finally, congratulations to Bob for his inaugural session as ECA President!
The next ECA Membership meeting is scheduled for the evening of Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at Truluck's in Rosemont, IL. Josh Bone, ELECTRI International Director will discuss, "Mega-Trends Transforming Electrical Contracting." We hope to see you, there!
Pictured from left to right are:
Bob Fimbianti, ECA President, Linear Electric, Inc, and
Jared Christman, ELECTRI Director of Construction Technology.
Pictured above is Bob Fimbianti, ECA President, Linear Electric, Inc., as he began the meeting.
Pictured above is Katie Canino, ECA Vice President, Canino Electric Company,
as she presented the ECA Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee report.
Pictured above is Jared Christman, ELECTRI Director of Construction Technology,
as he began his presentation.