"Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction” Workshop (9/12/22 -9/13/22)
The seminar was held at the Drake Oak Brook Hotel.
"Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction”
The ECA Research and Education Committee sponsored a two-day workshop called, "Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction.” The program was held on Monday, September 12, 2022 & Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at the Drake Oak Brook Hotel. The sessions were, again, presented by Bob Mooty, former NECA Education Instructor.
Developed to discuss all phases of the estimating process, this course covers all phases of preparing a competitive bid. Key topics include identifying desirable bid opportunities, analyzing the company's capabilities to insure profitable results, the estimator’s role at various stages of the project, writing an effective scope letter and identifying often hidden costs in the bid documents.
Following this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the steps necessary to prepare a competitive bid
- Identify the most desirable bid opportunities
- Describe how a company’s capabilities can be analyzed to insure profits
- Discuss cash flow and bonding
- Discuss relevant contract terms
- Identify price adjustment techniques, overhead, and profit
- List the documents required to estimate a construction project
We thank Bob for his time and expertise in facilitating the sessions!
Pictured above is Bob Mooty,
former NECA Education Instructor.
Pictured above is Bob Mooty, as he began the two-day Workshop.