November 18, 2020
"The Top Habits of High-Performing Foremen"
Presented by Dr. Awad Hanna, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The Drake Oak Brook Hotel, 2301 York Rd, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The Electrical Contractors’ Association of City of Chicago (ECA) Research and Education Committee is pleased to announce a seminar called, "The Top Habits of High-Performing Foremen."
DATE: Wednesday, November 18, 2020
TIME: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (Breakfast and lunch provided)
LOCATION: Drake Oak Brook Hotel
2301 York Road
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Foremen are the drivers of project success. A good foreman is often a company’s most valuable asset. Their leadership and ability to manage cost, schedule, safety, and quality distinguish high-performing foremen. The most effective foremen possess certain traits that set them apart from average-performing foremen. This course covers in-depth, the top habits of the most effective foremen.
Topic discussions include the following:
- Understanding Crew Behavior and Communicating the Rules of the Game (The 10-80- 10 Rule)
- Effective Participation in the Turnover Meeting
- Preparing and Managing the Two-Week Look-Ahead Schedule
- Keeping Accurate Records of the Daily Logs; Conduct Daily Huddle
- Effective Materials Handling and Management; Setting Production Goals and Tracking
- Change Order Management and Time and Material Tickets
The seminar is being conducted by Dr. Awad Hanna, University of Wisconsin-Madison.