May 20-21, 2020
"Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction"
Presented by Bob Mooty, Former NECA Education Instructor
The Drake Oak Brook Hotel, 2301 York Rd, Oak Brook, IL 60523
The Electrical Contractors’ Association of City of Chicago (ECA) Research and Education Committee is pleased to announce a workshop called, "Advanced Estimating of Electrical Construction."
DATE: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 & Thursday, May 21, 2020
TIME: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (Breakfast and lunch are to be provided both days).
LOCATION: Drake Oak Brook Hotel,
2301 York Road
Oak Brook, Illinois
The seminar is being conducted by Bob Mooty, former NECA Education Instructor.
Developed to discuss all phases of the estimating process, this course covers all phases of preparing a competitive bid. Key topics include identifying desirable bid opportunities, analyzing the company's capabilities to insure profitable results, the estimator’s role at various stages of the project, writing an effective scope letter and identifying often hidden costs in the bid documents.
Following this class, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the steps necessary to prepare a competitive bid
• Identify the most desirable bid opportunities
• Describe how a company’s capabilities can be analyzed to insure profits
• Discuss cash flow and bonding
• Discuss relevant contract terms
• Identify price adjustment techniques, overhead, and profit
• List the documents required to estimate a construction project